DOT Drug Testing Requirements
The Department of Transportation outlines strict drug testing requirements for anyone executing a “safety sensitive” position within the transportation industry.
Some of the requirements include strict regulations regarding:
- Urine sample collection (specimen collectors, collection sites, detailed procedures)
- Breath alcohol collection procedures
- Laboratory procedures (forms, equipment, supplies to use for urine collection)
- Reporting (medical review officers and verification process)
- Record keeping of final results (confidentiality and release of information)
Read all regulations outlined in the DOT’s rule 49 CFR Part 40.
ARCpoint Labs of Kansas City, MO – A Qualified DOT-drug Testing Facility
ARCpoint Labs of Kansas City, MO is a full-service Third Party Provider (TPP) for DOT urine collections for drug testing. We can collect the specimen(s) on-site in our local facility, or our mobile team can perform the collection(s) on-site.
We follow procedures outlined by the Department of Health and Human Services. Only labs qualified by SAMHSA may be used for DOT drug testing. We ensure that each step we take safeguards the accuracy of the testing being performed and protects both drivers and passengers alike.
Learn More About Our Testing Services
Contact ARCpoint Labs of Kansas City, MO for DOT-Approved Drug Testing